Our first small step was to plant 50 daylily plants way back in 1996. Today that small beginning has flourished and literally bloomed to almost 30 000 plants representing more than 300 varieties. Zambesi Daylily Nursery occupies 1 hectares and has been open to the public for the last 10 years.
“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labour or spin, yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendour was dressed like one of these.”
Daylilies – Zambesi Daylily Nursery Important information for 2016
- In 2014 we decided to start the process of introducing a 100 new varieties to our catalogue. Unfortunately this is a lengthy process because enough mother stock is needed before a variety can be placed on the market. We very carefully chose which “older” & less popular varieties to discontinue in order for us to make space for the new varieties. We have kept our most popular varieties but were forced to re do our gardens in order for us to stock more plants per variety and thus keep up with the demand.
- Our first 84 daylily varieties have been planted in bags (February 2016)! We will introduce many more varieties in 2017 & 2018.
- The newly planted daylilies must first be well established before we can mark them as “in stock” on the website.
- Please subscribe to our newsletter if you would like to be informed of new additions to our catalogue. Newsletter subscribers will also receive discount coupons from time to time. We will not spam you!
- Our banking details have changed. View our new banking details at the bottom of our “How to Order” page.
- Currently we do not have credit card facilities.